Manning River Lions Club Objectives
- TO CREATE and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the World.
- TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- TO FUND and otherwise serve the civic, cultural and social welfare of the community.
- TO ASSIST financially, culturally, socially and morally the disabled, disadvantaged and infirm of the community both directly and also indirectly.
- TO UNITE the Clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- TO PROVIDE a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by Club members.
- TO ENCOURAGE service-minded people to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavours.
Lions Code of Ethics
- To show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another’s; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself. Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.